You can help. Think of the time you first knew that health literacy mattered. This realization may have come from an event, interaction, or experience you had as a patient, family member, friend, student, teacher, librarian, caregiver, or health professional. Tell us your story in words, photos, videos, or audio recording. Please frame your story in a positive way and make it "come alive" by including:
- Character: who this happened to
- Setting: where or when this took place
- Obstacle: barrier or problem
- Resolution: what happened, how obstacles were overcome
- Call to action: lessons learned along the way
Act now. We have just a few remaining story slots. Please send your story to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 31, 2009. Want to know more? Please go to www.healthliteracymonth.org or email Helen Osborne at email@example.com
Health literacy. What's YOUR story?